We love the aesthetics, design, pricing and branding of Mailchimp but sometimes our time and money-poor clients are looking for simple Mailchimp alternatives that will make their newsletter creation & content creation easy.
A quick list of simple alternatives are:
- ⭐ Revue – a simple link curation style email newsletter that starts on a free plan for under 50 subscribers and has paid features for around $5 per month.
- ⭐ Tiny Letter – the irony that number 2 is owned by Mailchimp. Tiny Letter makes it super simple to start an email newsletter, add a sign up page and do it all for free!
- Postcards – suits someone looking for more of a design & promotion focus with HTML campaign. Try their limited free plan or $15 – $25 per month premium plans.
- Publicate – works as the design hub for your email newsletter and you can then connect use Gmail, Outlook and others to send your email newsletter to clients. No free plan but they’ve got a free trial available and a $15pm starting plan.
- GoodBits – another service for creating your newsletter content via either a browser extension or via auto-fetching from Shopify, Instagram, Twitter, Slack and others. Send through them for an extra cost or use other services and your bill is only $19 per month.
- ⭐ Curate – use a special link to save website links & a quick snippet of text to use in your email newsletter, do some simple editing and you’re done. Has a nice email newsletter sponsorship option that enables you to set up a sponsorship page on your website. Pricing starts at $US25 per month for up to 500 subscribers. Also handles multiple publications.
- Paperli – a service to share our content via social sites and email newsletters. If you want the edit functionality and the email mailout, the cost is $9 pm.
- Letterfuel – a simple email newsletter curation app that starts at $19 per month for up to 2,000 subscribers. Also includes the options for multiple lists.