What is a business process consultant?
The formal definition of a business process consultant is someone who breaks down the processes of a business into steps in order to find ways to improve each step, reduce errors and find new business processes.
Alternatives with similar roles include Business Process Analyst, Business Process Manager, Service Designer, Process Analyst, Process Consultant, Systems & Processes Consultant and Remote Operations Manager.
In most cases, a business process consultant:
- analyses the current processes & systems
- outlines the processes & systems in a visual, overview way
- proposes process & system improvements
- implements the improvements over the period of their contract
When do you know that you need some help with your systems & processes? When should you hire a business process consultant?
You need to speak to a business process consultant when:
- You’re resisting growth because you don’t trust your systems to be able to handle the extra workload
- Every problem is tackled with new staff
- You get asked everyday where files are
- You’re never quite sure where everything is up to
- You feel like you’re overpaying for software and you sense that you’re not using your current software to it’s full potential
- Customers are calling you to ask about the progress of work or orders