Further details of question
I am interested in customising my hosted Sharetribe marketplace, a platform using Ruby on rails. Are you familiar with Sharetribe? If so, I’d like to make some small changes at this point such as a couple of landing pages (home page, subscription page) perhaps using Instapage integration. I also need to incorporate money management with redirection to Chargebee.com) for now. Is this the best way to make Sharetribe a pay per month platform rather than commission-based?
The landing pages will not be hosted together with sharetribe but on wordpress at this time using root domains for pages and subdomain for the sharetribe hosting site.
As for using the chargebee gateway, users will click on the “call to action button” on the landing pages, which would be linked to my business chargebee account (www.xxxxxxxxxx.chargebee.com ) to process credit cards etc.
It sounds like you’ve got a good idea of the general user flow for making Sharetribe a membership platform rather than a percentage per transaction model. The way to set this up in Sharetribe is as follows:
- Create your “landing page website” using self-hosted WordPress or a website builder like Squarespace, Carrd or Weebly. This will be useful for your marketplace blog, home page (with links to Sharetribe categories), payment page (with payment processor embed code), FAQs and other content
- Start a free trial of Sharetribe on your website sub-domain
- Create a payment page using Chargebee, Moonclerk or Memberful where people can pay for membership, get credit card update requests etc. You could add this as an embed code or via a WordPress plugin
- Set your marketplace so when people want to post an item or service, they need to be “approved by admin”. On the page that lets them know about needing to be approved, you can place a link to your payment page and instructions on how they need to become a member and pay a monthly amount to sign up
- Once you get confirmation of their membership payment, you can login to the Sharetribe admin panel and approve them to list items or services